Saturday, January 27, 2007

And these are the days of our lives...er...weeks

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

It's Saturday.

I remember when the weekends used to mean something. In school, whoa! Couldn't wait for the weekends! Then I started working retail which meant working weekends, after this a job which gave me Sunday/Monday off which was weird to get used to. Then a stay-at-home-mom which, in effect, has no days off including weekends. So now the days just seem to run together one after the other.

Don't take this as a depressing post, it's not because I don't mean days run into each other in a monotonous way, simply that one day doesn't hold any more importance than another in the week's order. Anyone else find this?

Odd how life changes. I think though, that it is the unexpected changes which keeps it from being monotonous (I just like that word today...the way it rolls off the tongue and has so many o's like hippopotomus LOL--okay, very little sleep last night can you tell)

So, to end the ramblings, I have some awesome news coming up soon--Hint: I'm pretty sure it's not what you are thinking and no, I'm not pregnant. As soon as I can reveal, I will, I promise.

Also, I've been filling The Diva Bookshelf so pop on over and browse the shelves!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



9 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I wake up at 6:30 everyday. It doesn't matter much whether it's a weekend or not. I miss those days a little where a "day off" really meant a "day off". LOL.
    Awesome news? What is it! What is it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh jeez. You are such a tease! Meany!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh darn... there goes my stork theory. Hmm... Heh!

    Yeah, I know what you mean about weekends not been the same. Even though I work from Monday - Friday, weekends only mean doing all the chores I can't do during the week. Ugh! I remember when weekends meant going to the beach, shopping, and going out with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was a stay at home housewife, I felt the same way. The days had a nice way of rolling together. One was just like the next, in a non-bad kind of way. The weekends were just another 2 days with more stuff to do. But that didn't bother me.

    Now that I work outside of the house, I TREASURE the weekends. *sigh* Even if just to be home. I miss home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that was much more depresing than I intended it to sound. Sorry! lol I had a total nostalgic moment there. Btw, what's your big news?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was totally going to guess your pregnant. LOL. I'm going crazy here wondering what you wonderful news is going to be!!

    The only day of the week I look forward to is Sunday. My its the only day my hubby has off!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big news? Did your hard work on your resume and cover letter land you a oh! so fantastic job?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, weekends are still different. When else would I clean my house, do laundry, and restock the fridge :) Can't wait to hear your news...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you're keeping us in suspense with your news! No fair!

    ReplyDelete