Friday, January 19, 2007

Crash, Bang, Boom

That's what my ms sounds like right now. It was going good then I came to a stutter...then a stop.
After a day of trying to figure out why all of a sudden it wasn't going the way I wanted, I sort of figured it out. Kinda like when you have a room you want to renovate but not sure how or where to begin.

So, like every not-so-good do-it-yourselfer, I shrugged my shoulders, hauled out the power tools and started renovations on my story. Hmmm, which wall should come down next?
Don't forget to pop in to the post below and enter my new contest!

5 comments:

  1. I can sooooooo relate to this. For me it's a part of the process. It usually happens towards the middle and at the moment the twist comes. I love the analogy too. I face my home renovations with the same trepidation I tear into a wip. "What if I mess up the plumbing? Or the electricity?"
    Once, I was hedging by an outside wall and took out the cable.
    NOT very hand at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute analogy.

    I had the best writing day yesterday!! I hope I can carry it through today too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, you're the fifth person (including myself) who's having problems with the writing at the moment. Makes me feel a little bit better.

    I'm a carpenters daughter, I should know all about bringing down walls. *gg*

    ReplyDelete