Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My day at MONSTER JAM

A few asked how my day went on Sunday so I thought I'd share.


After an hour drive to the GO Train station then another hour on the train, a trek through Union Station and through a skywalk, we end up here...well, actually below it. This is Toronto's CN Tower right beside the Rogers Center (formerly Skydome) where the festivities take place. Very sad to say but in all my years, this was my first time this close to it and first trip to the "Home of Blue Jays baseball". (I'm a country-girl, what can I say)



We were way early hoping to get up close and personal with the drivers...uh, I mean trucks.

No luck on both counts...bummer. Still by getting there early we had lunch in a little restaurant dug out thing with a great view of the dirt arena area. There was a group propelling remote control cars off the dirt ramps for early entertainment. Then we found out that you can actually stay in this little area for the whole show, which turned out to be better seats than the ones we had. Rockin' cool!
a


Here are the boys wearing their 'ear muffs' as they called them. This was the fashion for the day--everybody had them and they even sold them at the souvenier counter but we had brought our own. It was really loud but not as bad as I thought.





















It was really cool because one of their favorite drivers was there in the Superman Truck. This is Chad Fortune on the big cinematron. I swear he looks just like Clark Kent and uses that as part of his set-up coming out and tearing the shirt open--cheesy but it worked LOL.






This is the Batman truck, another favorite of the boys.


So they did a racing segment where two trucks raced around the field jumping a small pile of cars. Then they did the freestyle.


Gravedigger is ultimate Monster Truck and goes hell-bent for freestyle because he doesn't care if his truck gets smashed up...really good show!









This is Gravedigger doing 'sick air' as the boys call it.







And this is Gravedigger rolling. It was sooooo cool!

And then he went right over...







Don't worry, the driver was fine.





a
Overall, I had a great time. Partly because of the show but mostly because it was just a really fun family day. We don't get those often enough.
a
The other thing I discovered is that I want a digital camera REAL BAD. We borrowed my brother-in-law's for the day and it was awesome!
a
--------------------------------------------------

Check it out! I loaded another stack of books onto The Diva Bookshelf!

7 comments:

  1. First, I love the cover. Secondly, digital cameras are awesome (especially when you remember to download the photos *gg*). And finally, your boys are adorable!!!!!! Family day is always wonderful because they give your children such great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to break down and get a digital camera.
    I LOVE the pics. Thanks hon. My five year old loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby and kids would have LOVED the Monster Jam. We went to a much smaller one at our state fair last year and while I enjoyed it, I have to admit that I brought a book along. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics. It looks like such fun. Your boys are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun time! Your kids are really super cute. I'd be lost without my digital camera - they're great to have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun!! I bet my girls would like it...They're into superheroes, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Gosh, my boy would have loved this!! He is a monster jam fanatic. Doesn't miss a show. Last week when it wasn't on, he was so upset. We want to take him to a show but he's still a bit young. I wondered about the ear muffs. Didn't know if the stadium loaned them or you had to bring your own. Your boys must have had a blast!

    ReplyDelete