Saturday, June 23, 2007

Getting in the Mood

So, I'm sitting here listening to Christmas carols. Yes, that's right, I'm said Christmas music. Fa la la la la and all that. Haven't you ever heard of Christmas in July LOL?

Actually, its because I'm racing to get my Christmas story submitted by the July 1st deadline. It's a sequel to my last year's release, Reindeer Games.


myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

This one is tentatively titled, Christmas on Parole, and takes place again in Noelle, Alberta with a little bit of help from Santa Claus Holloran.

The good news is that it's going well, the bad news is that it is going slooooooow.

Seriously, I don't know how that works. I'm in the revision process so it's more time consuming getting everything just right yes, but I'm loving how things are working out so it feels like I should have accomplished a lot yet when I look up, I've only done like two pages. Sheesh, at this rate it will take me until Christmas LOL.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

But my new motto--thanks to Candice--is Just Do. No, not the copyrighted Just Do It. Simply, Just Do. Don't think and worry what all needs to be done, cause it'll bog you down and it takes more time to worry than it does to just go at it. Just do. When you sit down at the end of the day, you'll be surprised what you've accomplished.

So, my Christmas in July present to you all is a simple message....Just do.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

4 comments:

  1. Good luck, Stacy! You can do it!!

    I'm known for getting into the Christmas mood in August. Wierd, I know. But it happens :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new motto. I should use it. Good luck with your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to write a short story for WRP's Halloween season, but can't get in the mood. Hm.... I wonder if I play Halloween music and sounds will help.

    Good luck with your Christmas story! I'm sure you will make the deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stacy! I know that slow feeling... there myself! Have fun with Christmas in July! :)

    Cole PS -- let me know if you received the book!

    ReplyDelete