Sunday, July 29, 2007

My Wacky Family


I love my family and this is just one of the reason's why...

This lovely lady is my grandmother, 91 years old. Every year we hold a big family birthday party for her, usually at my mom's house and this year she held a Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville Party for Grandma. Everyone was asked to come dressed for the party and as you'll see, my family took it to heart. We love to have fun LOL

With our property being next to my parents, we helped out getting everything set up for the party including all sorts of fun events. My husband cut a mini putt course out at the bottom of our front yard. Here are all my men decked out for the party in their Hawaiian shirts and surfer dude outfits. And here's my cousin's little girl decked out her little girl in a grass skirt and lei playing mini putt. We grabbed whatever we could find from the house to make ramps and fun stuff for the game.






We set up Coconut Bowling and the Plunger toss. Here is my neice demostrating using water balloons but it was even funner because we set up for the couples to play--and my cousins who won got a bouquet of plungers as a trophie LOLOLOL.


Not to be outdone by the Hula Hoop contest. Do you remember how flexible you were when you were young? What happened to us??? I used to be able to hula hoop for a long time--not anymore LOL.

















That cool dude there in the hat is my dad! My cousins proved we aren't as flexible as we used to be and my neice in the hula skirt was hula hoopin' the whole time while the rest of the adults took their turns LOL. Needless to say, she won the trophie. Of course my cousin in the funky shirt won for Wackiest Shirt LOL.




Grandma enjoyed the whole show!




Next came this trailor load of gifts---but wait, I bet you assumed they were all grandma's birthday presents. Haven't you had enough proof my family doesn't do ANYTHING the normal way LOL. Oh no, here, we have a family auction. Everyone choses something from their home they don't want anymore and wraps it up with a little clue in the form of a poem. Then, my dad and uncles start the auction. Yes, no one knows what's in the gifts but all the money raised goes into a gift bag for Grandma so no one cares how much they spend LOL. Oh, did I mention the tackier the better? For example, though I don't remember the exact poem but it had to do with sun, and a good time--my aunt outbid everyone for this.....hat LOL.




I was the photographer today so you don't see me in any but here's a quick snap I took of my festive attire LOL.

Overall it was a great time had by all! How mom is going to top this next year, I have no idea LOL.


14 comments:

  1. Wow, what fun Stacy!!!! :)

    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome...but I don't get the wackiest shirt thing. I wear stuff like that all the time; it's normal, not wacky isn't it?......hmmm....suddenly things are starting to make sense: why people wear sunglasses when they're around me (even indoors), the constant barrage of attacks from bees and hummingbirds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like everyone had such a great time! Love the sombrero! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stacy,

    What a fun day! This must be the highlight of your grandma's year. It's great to see family getting together like this :).

    And Brown, your normal is the rest of the world's wacky. Sorry, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day! Love your festive headdress.

    And did I read this right, your Grandma is 91??? She doesn't look 91 at all. Feel free to pass on her anti-aging tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I know, I hope I look that good at 91!

    Sorry, Brown, dear--Jane is right LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that looks like fun. I'm sure everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a hoot! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Great family :-) and lucky grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stacy,

    Wonderful, wonderful pictures!!! It looked like so much fun, I sure wish I could've been there...hehe

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Donna Michaels

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll chime in with the rest. Your family looks like they had great fun at the event. Many happy returns to your grandmother! Indeed she doesn't look 91! The kids with the games and hula hoops, priceless! Those photos will be treasured for years to come. My family is spread out so we don't usually get together like that anymore. I wish we did.

    I adore the auction idea! What a great way to chip in for a gift for Grandma and also have some fun with it!

    --Des

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that looks like so much fun. I think I want to be adopted into your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that sounds like fun! Happy late birthday to your grandma! She looks like one spry lady!!

    ReplyDelete