Sunday, September 23, 2007

Happy Week!!


It's my birthday party week! I turn, **cough**, and want you all to celebrate with me.

I'm celebrating as Author of the Week on Candice Gilmer's blog

Having a party with Brieanna Robertson on her Myspace, http://myspace.com/brieannarobertson on Tuesday talking about the writing life and the Rights of Writers

Thursday partying with the bistro babes with Romance Bistro on Tour at Beth Wylde's Group Having a tour party with Romance Bistro on Tour


Oh, and here's some of the presents I already got:

I loved this short story. Stacy Dawn had me laughing from start to finish, and my only complaint is that this isn’t longer. I’d love to see what happens next between Bridget and Jonas. She’s a spirited woman who knows her own mind. He’s so darn handsome, even with his six-shooter off his hip that I would love to see these two after they leave the saloon. This is a charming slice of life that I know I’ll read again. Lively characters, vivid images and an amusing plot all make Standoff at the Waterin’ Horse Saloon a great read.
~Reviewed by: Marlene, Fallen Angels Reviewer





Wow. This is such a cute, funny story. Stacy Dawn has managed to pack the pages full of action, humor and intensity. I found myself laughing out loud in the first paragraph and I didn’t stop until the very last word!
Bridgit Schneider figures she's been jilted, so she stomps into the saloon determined to give the no-account a piece of her mind. What follows are eight hilarious, action-packed pages that will completely enchant you. Although short and sweet, this story introduces two dynamic characters who draw you into the drama and into their lives. I found myself thinking of these characters long after the story was finished. I’m giving it five books! Any story that can hook you in a few paragraphs, create friends within a few pages and leave its imprint on your mind after so short a time deserves the praise. This one does all that and more! I will be keeping my eyes open for more wonderful works by Ms. Dawn!

Reviewed by Lily of The Long and Short of It Reviews


Sophie and Jay have problems and baggage to settle along the way which only makes this a more believable story with the ups and downs of the inner battles that they both have going on. This was a realistic, delightful read, with the added romance of Julia and Dan which only strengthened the story. I would give this a book rating of five, and urge you to go to Wild Rose Press and give this book a read.
~Review from Books, Bitching,and Banter
(For full review: http://booksnbitchin.wordpress.com/2007/09/13/wanna-make-a-bet/#comment-13)

11 comments:

  1. I'd love to celebrate with you but Stacy, I didn't quite get your age because you coughed when telling us. Oh shucks, never mind the age and have a happy birthday week. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews! Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Congrats on the nice reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Wonderful reviews. Can't wait to read it.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday, Stacy! Hope you had a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!

    Congrats on the wonderful reviews. Glad to see things are moving along nicely for you.

    Btw, hope that cough goes away soon for you. *wink*

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday! Hope it was terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had fantastic birthday, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much everyone! It was a great day...a great week in fact!

    ReplyDelete