Thursday, December 6, 2007

Basket of Books

The boys' school is having a Tree Lighting night and Silent Auction as a fundraiser next week. I've donated a basket with my books and some other goodies. I was so pleased with the way it turned out that I wanted to show it off! It should be interesting because I don't think anyone at the school knows I'm an author too LOL. Let's put it this way, when I emailed them to see if they accepted donations, even though I put my name, they assumed the email was from my husband and thrilled thinking his department store wanted to donate something--Yeah, kind of an awkward letter back saying sorry for the misunderstanding but just a lowly romance writer donating some Christmas romance LOL. BUT, after a laughing apology, the liasion was very interested in checking out my work and website and we all know that word-of-mouth is better than any promo event you can create!!

So, what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Stacy, the basket is lovely!

    I don't talk about being an author in my "real" life much. Only with a few selected people. It just seems strange if I'm not doing something directly involved with my writing, like attending a meeting or a conference.

    I think many writers are the same.

    People are usually shocked to find out I write.

    On the other hand, I did find out one day last year that Jesse had been getting into my box of business cards and taking them to school.

    I noticed that the box in my drawer one day had been left open. He was handing them out to his friends and teachers. I was touched that he was proud of his mom, but I was soooo embarrassed when I found out too, lol.

    The basket looks great!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely basket Stacy, and a great thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great basket! I'd definitely bid on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome looking basket, Stacy! I bet it'll pull in a lot of money for the fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete