Monday, January 14, 2008

INTRODUCING.....

HARRIET, THE HALF-PINT HOLSTEIN



This little lady is my baby and the heroine of my new children's series. I am so happy she found a home at Firedrake Weyr. I also found out some wonderful news this weekend...they have approved my artwork which means not only am I the author, but the Illustrator as well!!

Here's a bit of a preview:

The Adventures of Harriet the Half-pint Holstein follows the antics of a very small cow looking for excitement and adventure in the world around her. Harriet’s humorous escapades have her helping friends, meeting new ones, and learning that life is full of big and little triumphs. With friends like a hyperactive pig, a macho chick, and a group of inventive musical mouse brothers, The Adventures of Harriet, the Half-pint Holstein are sure to become a favorite with all ages!

In the first book, Harriet and the Musical Trio, Rosebud’s bell is missing. Harriet sets out to find it and prove to the grumpy cow sisters that ‘size has nothing to do with being useful’.


The series will be beginning very soon, tentatively set up to have a story come out every two months. You can bet I'll be back with a release date as soon as I have it!

21 comments:

  1. Oh, Stacy...this is wonderful news and what cute story ideas. The artwork is adorable. We all already know you're a terrific writer but now an ARTIST, as well. Kudos, honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'll be watching for these books for my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, this is awesome! Congratulations and what a great picture! So cool you'll be author and illustrator. Will these be distributed in places like Scholastic Book orders that go to all the schools?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, Stacey....but it's something to strive for!

    Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news! Congratulations!

    I also stopped by to tell you YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED! You have to list 7 things about yourself and tag 7 new people.

    Please see my blog for details...

    http://www.emmasanders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you! Sounds like a wonderful children's book.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Stacy! You must be soooo very excited. I'm sure it will be a huge success. How can it not be? Harriet is adorable LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo, Stacy!!!

    Double congratulations!! Author and illustrator! Way to go! I am not at all surprised but am very happy for you!

    Best of luck! Harriet is moovelous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Stacy! Harriet is adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's wonderful Stacy! How exciting!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it, Stacy! Wonderful work and love your blurb for the story! I love children's stories! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stacy that is awesome!! Woohoo! I love the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stacy, it's wonderful. Congratulations! And I love the graphics on your blogspot.

    Sandra Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats, Stacy! I love your artwork!!! And how fun you have a children's book coming out!!

    Sorry it's been awhile since I've been by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww Harriet is so sweet!!
    I just love her!! Great artist skills!! Congrats on both the illustrations and the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so great, Stacy. You have so many talents and the courage to pursue them. That's awesome and what a cute cover.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much everyone! And thank you for the art kudos--it's always been a hobby so for my artwork to be out in the wide open universe now is kinda daunting and self consious LOL. Your support means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats, Stacy. :D This looks like a super children's story book series. Harriet is darling.

    I also am writing a children's story book and have an illustrator. We're having so much fun!!!

    Hugs, JJ

    ReplyDelete
  19. How exciting, Stacy! Big congratulations.

    ReplyDelete