Friday, December 5, 2008

Mother's Day

Last blog post winners were traveller and lastnerve! Send me an email at stacy @ stacydawn.com by December 31st to claim your prizes!


Okay, so you are asking yourself, why is the title, Mother’s Day, when it’s Christmas time, not to mention five months early?

Well, one half of this blogfest is about wishes, and what did most of us wish for when we were young....to be older of course!

So, now we are adults, mothers, aunts, fathers, uncles and/or grandparents....and Christmas is no longer about what presents we’re going to get but how to keep little hands out of the presents we’ve bought or, more apt, to keep them from jumping out of their skin with excitement.

Being a mother at Christmas time can be so much fun on a whole other level. Come on, what other time of the year do you have the be-all-and-end-all back-up for anything you ask your children to do? 'Santa is watching, you better clean your room'.....'I bet if you do the dishes an extra night it will give you an extra check mark on Santa’s 'Nice List'....'Hey, stopping fighting with your brother or Santa will put you both on the naughty list!'

Sound familiar? Even offering an extra dollar for their allowance doesn’t get my kids to clean their room, but one mention of ‘The List’ and wow, there is suddenly a floor between the beds.

So mothers everywhere, celebrate, use and abuse the Santa card because it only comes once a year!

Tell me about your fun Christmas mother moments and I’ll chose one winner to receive a Mother's relaxation pack including bath salts, a lofa sponge, an escape-worthy book and more!



And for those of you sledding through on Skhye’s Christmas Ride, welcome and Happy Holidays to you all! Feel free to join in my contest above. My whole post is a clue to today’s Christmas carol but I’ll let you have two...

They didn’t hear me creep, down the stairs to have a peek.
They thought that I was tucked up in my bedroom fast asleep.
But I saw...

I know, way too easy but it’s Christmas right! To spread more Christmas cheer, we're giving one lucky person a $75 Wild Rose Press gift certificate! All you need to do to enter is attend each day's blog post starting at Nov 29th at http://plparker.blogspot.com/ , identify the carol, and make a complete carol list to submit after the final blog post of Christmas Eve. Don't forget to check the list twice! Send your answers to Christmasrideblog@live.com by midnight, CST Dec. 31st 2008!

Continue your ride tomorrow, December 6th at Susanne Saville’s blog at http://myblog.susannesaville.com/

23 comments:

  1. Good morning Stacey, I have to share that this Christmas Carol is one that I found when I was a little little girl. It was on an old 78 record of my mothers! Wow what memories that brings back. Dancing around in my little nightgown singing into a hairbrush while this played on a record player, can you hear the old scratchy sounds?

    Anyway, great Christmas Carol. I won't give it away but it definitely holds great memories for me. Thanks so much.

    Roni Adams
    www.roniadams.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw mommy kissing santa clause.

    Have a great holiday!
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a mother, but I've a god son and really Christmas time is fun with kids. He's ten years and his sister is seven and quite often they start struggling of something, if not anything else, the little sister is interested of big brothers toys and other things and takes them with her, and then he starts yelling. Then it's good to take the "Santa is watching you!" to calm things up. Isn't there magic in these words?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many things, but the Christmas music was a big part of it. I remember baking cookies with mom and we would have on Christmas albums of Brenda Lee, Wayne Newton, Elvis, Bing Crosby and Nat King Cole. I remember my mom's favorite Christmas decorations, of a real Christmas tree decorated with ornaments that she made. I can see her now standing at the range making fudge. We would put on albums in the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Stacy. Love those flashing lights. :) Rhonda, I played records over and over as a kid. There was one: "Lemon tree very pretty but the lemon flower is sweet..." I KNOW those lyrics. LOL. My favorite Christmas carols were from an album called MUSIC BOX DANCER that my dad had. No words. He still has all his records. I saw one of his Fats Domino albums last time I was digging through his "music" room. Crazy. Thanks for jarring those memories. Skhye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the Christmas Carol of the day...I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our favorite carol at the house right now is I want a Hippopotomus for Christmas LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus is the Christmas Carol.

    I had to share a story from just yesterday with you. My daughter is 7 and still believes in Santa Claus which is wonderful. There is a part of me that still wants to believe. (Picturing the Fox Mulder "I want to believe" poster from X-files in my head). I guess it is the fiction lover side of me.

    Anyway, I was singing the song "Santa Baby" yesterday as it got stuck in my head after hearing it on the radio. "I've been an awfully good girl...so hurry down my chimney tonight..." My 7 year old was sitting at the kitchen table watching me do the dishes and sing the song. Finally she asked, "why is the girl in that song in love with Santa? doesn't she know that he's married for goodness sakes?" LOL

    Thought it was classic!

    Happy holidays to all!

    -Kerri N.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ROFL!!! Kerri, that is sooo cute.

    And, just for record...I still believe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Saw Mama Kissing Santa Claus.


    Devair Pruitt
    auntdbear@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was only 2 when this song came out. I remember the high pitched voice of who I now know is Tommy Boyd singing it.

    I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus is the song.

    Sue
    susie@suesunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw mommy kissing santa claus -

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every year is a favorite mommy moment...just to see the faces of the kids when they open the presents make any sacrifice worthwhile.
    I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus is the song

    ReplyDelete
  15. When my son was about 6, (he's 14 now) I told him and his sister, who was 9 at the time, to clean their rooms because Santa was coming in a week. I told them both that if their rooms weren't cleaned Santa would think they had enough and would give the toys to children who were more needy. He sat for a moment, looked at me then his sister, and said "Katie's room is MUCH MUCH messier than mine is, she doesn't need anymore things. I don't want to clean, you tell Santa to give my toys to you. Then you can give me the toys for my birthday." (His birthday is Jan. 16th!!) He then started to walk away, when I asked where he was going he said, "To play with my Lego's." I swear...this child was born thinking!! LOL (you should see how he figures out how to get money, without working for it!!)

    The carol is I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus!

    I remember hearing this one the first time!! What a hoot!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The song is "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus"

    My Christmas mommy memory is about my Grandmother Margaret and my cat Morrisee. Mom Margret had had a severe stroke and was very slowly coming back as much as she could. My parents arranged to have her stay at the house with them over Christmas.
    I had moved into an apartment but frequently came to visit & stayed overnight. Morrisee the family cat was used to sleeping on my old bed which Mum Margaret was using while she visited.
    I was sleeping in the living room & was woken up by my mother in the morning with "You've gotta see this!"
    I followed her down the hall & there leaning on Mum Margaret is Morrisee. I asked her who her friend is & Mum Margaret replied "He's no friend of mine" as Morrisee looked around like SHE was the intruder in bed.
    I'll always remember that as a wonderful Christmas Mom Moment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I meant to add to my post that my Daughter's name is the same as yours except we spell her name with an "i". So her name is Staci Dawn. She was born in 1971. I thought I was being orignal. Six months after she was born I saw in a magazine at the doc's office a girl clear across the continent from us with the exact same name and exact same spelling. Small world, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am the mom of a teen who loves to sing the carol listed, "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus".

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is so great to see your kids faces when they open presents; they are in awe and shout with glee. That is a great Mom moment.

    the song is I Ssw Mama Kissing Santa Claus.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sue, well of course I'm going to say good choice LOL! I do like the spelling. And, just to note, that is my name and note a pen name so even cooler LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. My favorite memory of Christmas was always visiting my Gram's and one time we visited her till dark and we had to walk home.We were a family of six and we all started walking down the snowy street.We must of been all under 10. We looked up at the stars and saw a red light. Dad told us it must be Santa.We all got so excited and happy to see Santa's lights.I will always remember the joy I felt then.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite Christmas memory is waking up on my daughter's first Christmas morning! I was soooo excited to share it with her! We had breakfast, she nursed and while we were getting ready to open presents we put her in her swing for a few moments. When we were finally ready, I looked back and there she was sound asleep like a little Christmas angel in front of the tree. I took a picture and it's still my favorite. Even though I was so excited to see her little face she when helped her rip open presents, I resisted the urge to wake her up. Who needs an angel tree topper when you have a little sleeping one instead!

    ReplyDelete