Monday, February 23, 2009

Romance: More than a Month

Just like Christmas isn't only one day, just the word February is the epitome of Romance for the calendar year. Sure, the 14th might be over but at the same time, I know a lot of people who don't even celebrate simply for the fact that they show their love and romantic side all year long.

My husband is a great example.

Long story short, a few weeks ago our car caught fire in our driveway during a snowstorm. Yeah, I'm still figuring that one out myself. It was scary, especially since it was parked so close to the house but the firemen made it through the snowy country roads and all was good--except for the car of course. Needless to say, it was a rather stressful time as our finances didn't alot for purchasing a new vehicle and being an old though really good car, the kilometers killed us on the insurance.

Sounds romantic, huh? Well, in the midst of all the figuring out a rental car, insurance, finances and worry etc, my husband comes to pick me up from work one night--with a bouquet of spring flowers. He simply said because it'd been a rough week. Yeah, I teared up.

He does that, just out of nohere will come home with some spring flowers (my favorite) or a hug or a kiss for no reason but we were standing in the same room. To me, that is romance...and I'm blessed because it lasts all year long.

So, don't let romance only come one day or one year....you'd be surprised what an impromptu kiss or favorite dinner, or simple entwining fingers while you're grocery shopping can do not only for yourself, but your loved ones.

I've a special romance for one person today, a copy of my shorty story, A Matching Fancy. Love can last a lifetime.

Leave a comment on what you love about your significant other today and tomorrow (Mon and Tues) and on Wednesday morning, I'll draw a winner!!

And for those playing along on the Romance February Blog event, continue the ride tomorrow at http://lianalaverentz.blogspot.com/

For those of you just jumping in today, you don't know what you've been missing!! Here's a recap...

ROMANCING FEBRUARY!

28 romance authors invite you to participate in a month-long event of love and laughter. Each day starting Feb. 1, 2009 an author will throw a romance party at her blog and host a contest with a prize. The link to the next day's blog location will also be provided at each location. Just drop by and enter the contest. And get ready to heat up the cold wintery days of February!

You could win a prize a day! On February 28th, one person will be awarded the grand prize of a $75 WRP gift certificate. All you have to do to enter the grand prize contest is make a list of each author in this blog event and name one title she has available. Submit your list to Christmasrideblog@live.com by midnight CST, February 27, 2009. The winner will be announced on February 28th--just in time to warm up that person's February. Visit http://www.amberleighwilliams.blogspot.com on February 1st to begin.

10 comments:

  1. Morning, Stacy. Sorry to hear about your car. We're just about finished with the Hurricane Ike repairs. They set off a wave of other changes... Talk about a chain reaction. I hope you're keeping warm up there! We've got bushes covered in Monarch butterfly caterpillars! Must be warm down here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning, Stacy. Sorry to hear about your car. We're just about finished with the Hurricane Ike repairs. They set off a wave of other changes... Talk about a chain reaction. I hope you're keeping warm up there! We've got bushes covered in Monarch butterfly caterpillars! Must be warm down here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Stacy,

    First, sorry to hear about your car. What your hubby did was so sweet.

    My significant other, Junior, is the best all around. He always rolls with the punches. He always has time to do for others. He never lets anything get him down. Even when 4 years ago, we lost everything in a fire. He was great. He was more worried about me than himself and what he lost that could never be replaced. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to brag about him. He is the best. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My DH of 43 years is fantastic. He has to be to live with me all these years:) He really is a very good person, good provider, great father, great cook, he is a little old fashioned ( but he deals with it), and very loving, and a romantic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your car. Sounds like your hubby is a keeper.

    Don't have a significant other right now. Still looking to find someone special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your car, that really sucks!

    An example of how wonderful my husband is actually happened on Valentine's Day. Due to tight finances, we both agreed to not do anything this year- having each other was enough. Well, after a long day at work, he came home and (without my realizing it) made me a gift. He mixed up a batch of white chocolate pudding and had it set in a set of our short champagne glasses. Well, after dinner he took a tube of red icing left over from making our son's birthday cake last month and drew red hearts on them and brought one out to me in the dining room. On top of feeling guilty that I had taken our doing nothing plans seriously, I also felt really lucky to have found such a wonderful life partner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The one thing I always love about my husband is his willingness to help others! It doesn't matter what else is going on, if he's needed, he will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you had such a rough week! Hope things pick up!

    My DH of 23 years is a wonderful guy! He is our cook at home and he is Mr. Fix it - as long as it is not electronics!! He made a bookshelf to get the boxes of books out of our closet! LOL It now holds over 400 books. (I had to move the rest to the guest room.) Now he is building me a pool for exercise and enjoyment. He is sooo good to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best thing, without a doubt is making me laugh! If I'm having the worst day in the world, he can make me happy. Always the best! :)

    Thanks for holding the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for your thoughts and Love the stories ladies!

    ReplyDelete