Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I need to find a symbol mark for a music note LOL, it will make the occasional titles make much more sense LOL.

Ah yes, Monday again and drizzly with rain in the forcast....just perfect [Not].

But, you know what? That's okay with me today. I had a major breakthrough yesterday on a WIP and my writing process in general--at least something I plan to attempt to see if it will work for me.

We've also been spring cleaning this past weekend--when the sun was shining brilliantly. Rooms got dug out and piles were made for recycle, donations etc. Maybe that's how I came up with the idea for my writing because I was horded up focussing on the same thing and maybe the spring cleaning got a few cobwebs out of my head too LOL.

It also got me realizing that I need to keep a better routine, especially online and my blog. I want to blog more not just to keep in contact with all of you but I find that getting my thoughts down or stuff that bugs me, makes me happy, or befuddles me seems to keep the mind free from storing them up for too long.

So, I figured hey, why not just run with that on the blog. So, for instance, for tomorrow, I'll let you know about this writing process I'm going to try. It's not new but I've adapted it to what I think will work for me.

And you know what, I think that is what writing is all about. Not following someone's guidelines, or a book or a process perfectly, but adapting it to your own style, your own voice for we don't want to sound like others do we, we need to find a way that lets us work and express our unique selves, right? (what do you know, there's another good thought that just got dusted off as I was typing this--spring cleaning really does find the dirt hidden deep LOL)

Do you spring clean your home....your mind??

No comments:

Post a Comment