Friday, April 9, 2010

All Clean!

I'm hoping to get some writing and other work done this weekend. At the same time, I kept looking at my office thinking my desk needed a major overhall, a cleaning out so I have some space to move the mouse instead of just shoving things an inch to the side. I figured that I'd come home after the boys' bowling tomorrow and tidy it all up first to 'cleanse' my area for good thoughts LOL--but I also knew that it would dig into my work time to do it-->hmmm, a good excuse for procrastination, ya think?

Well, doing a last check of emails before I shut down ended with me cleaning out my inboxes. As I shut down to go make supper, I looked at my desk and thought why not do the cleaning tonight because I usually take Friday nights as a free night.

So, that's what I did. I moved things around, put things away, filed and re-organized. I also shifted the desktop over to the brighter, good corner of the desk because, on dial-up, the laptop works much better. This way, the laptop is now in the farther darker corner of the table at which I also left the uncomfortable chair, whereas the good chair is in front of the other computer....do you see where I'm going with this? Yep--I set up the non-internet computer in a better spot so I start using it more to work on and thus, hopefully, better avoid the distraction of checking emails or finding easy reasons to procrastinate.

I think the theory is good, but I'll let you know if it actually works LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Stacy,

    I'm glad you got your writing space cleared and all ready for you to get in some good writing time. Best of luck to you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete