Friday, April 30, 2010

Primping

First, I haven't walked off the job yet so that's a plus. In reality, I'm learning a lot the hard way so when the easy stuff actually comes, I'll wonder why it's such a breeze LOL. Truthfully, I'm enjoying it, I only wish (as most everyone in offices) that I had more time to focus on one file at a time at this point so I can learn what's needed for the next instance rather than three or four very different things at once.

I've also discovered another thing this week--dressing up every day is a pain LOL.

Don't get me wrong, before the husband and kids, I worked full time in a field that I had to dress up daily for too. The only thing I can think of is back then, I was also dressing up for potential dates LOL--you know, to catch the eye of this or that hunky guy who passes by every day. Hmmm, now that I think about it, I eventually caught him too LOL.

But, after years of wearing clothes yanked from the dryer and that washed easily because of spit up, spills and grimy hands--not to mention working at a job that was just down the staircase and only needed a warm pair of trackpants and sweater as a uniform--its a challenge and time consuming to curl my hair and put on make-up EVERY day LOL, and this is just the first week. I know it sounds whiny but I was literally standing in front of the mirror this morning wondering what to do with my unrully mass that was sooooo not cooperating. Then, with barely five minutes before the school bus, was tossing my arms into a blouse and hunting for shoes.

What's the word I'm looking for? Oh yeah, time-management. Guess I have to work on that one again LOL.
[I wonder if there is an LOL sign addition for hysterical laughter...maybe HLOL or <:{} ]

No comments:

Post a Comment