Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Where's my Stickies??

Okay, I admit, my brain isn't as focused as it used to be--between the kids, school outings, writing, appointments, dinner, two jobs, family, friends, housework, writing....sometimes I forget things--okay, more often than not I forget things LOL.

But is it right for my husband to thoroughly enjoy and abuse this little quirk?
Case in point, I was out one evening recently doing some grocery shopping on my own (a very unusual thing as we normally do it as a family but this particular week was wild) I slipped into the little shop next to the grocery store for fun and ended up finding this really cool sticky note pack. Little pads and about ten different coloured arrow ones all in a nice compact black case--sorry, wiping the drool from my stationary-junky chin. And it was on sale!! Well, without anyone there to restrain me, of course I bought it LOL.

So, I get home and, because it was sooooo cool, decided to show my husband rather than him finding it on my desk and asking me questions a month later, which is what usually happens. I left the pack with him while I went to unload groceries and get supper ready.

Five days later, I'm lying in bed at 2 am and it occurrs to me, "hey, didn't I buy a pack of sticky notes?" Yes, I did say five days later, and yes, 2 am in the morning. {Now you understand the sensibly insane moniker :)}

That morning--at a more reasonable hour--I asked my husband where he put the sticky notes that I had bought. Well, he gets this little grin on his face that instantly sets the alarms ringing. Then has the gall to actually try to bluff it off with a "don't know what you're talking about."

Yeah, riiiight.

As his smile grows, his glance drifts to the boys who are also trying a little too hard to look busy all of a sudden. So, I go for the weakest link and ask my youngest son about them. I have to give him credit, he lasted longer than I thought he would LOL.

Once the giggles stopped and I could actually hear what they were saying, turns out, my hubby figured if I didn't see them, I'd forget about them [which, I hate to admit is usually true--like vegetables in the fridge, if they are tucked into the appropriate draw and not out in plain site on a shelf, I totally forget I have them until they are shrivelled oozing brown things.] Turns out, 'they all thought it would be funny to hid them until Mother's Day and then give them to me as a gift--because the stickies were indeed, very cool and would make make a perfect gift for me--even though I was the one that bought them.

Ha.
Ha.
Ha.

Yeah, that one will haunt me for the rest of my life I'm sure. Knowing my husband, he won't let the opportunity to pass to find amusement in reminding me, often--probably on sticky notes.





11 comments:

  1. Cute post, Stacy! At work, I had part of my current mss waiting for my look during lunch break, and when I turned it over to see what I'd written, one of my co-workers had added a sticky note: More sex! More sex! This from a woman who reads children's books as a children's librarian. :) Course I tell her I know she's a vampire whenever she wears her sunglasses indoors because she can't find her regular glasses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, that story turned out much better for you than I imagined. The abuse I was picturing had little sticky arrows plastered all around the house reminding you of every tiny little thing under the roof. *grin* At the very least, if you hadn't remembered them, you would've gotten something for Mother's Day that you REALLY liked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a fun family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, I would spin this as at least you were guarnateed to get a cool mother's day gift - lol.

    Roni

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL thanks ladies. But, Stacey...shhhhhh, don't give them any ideas!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, can I relate! Hubby says it's 'cause they never know what to get me. And the kids already use my memory to their advantage... 'Mom said we could. She just doesn't remember.' LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stacy sounds like something that would happen in my household, and I can so relate to the thoughts that come to one at 2:00 in the morning. It is strange at the things that we can come up with at that time.....lol. Glad you got them back - I too had visions of having sticky posts all over reminding you of things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha!! That is too funny. Your boys are so cute :).
    In my house, I'd have remembered way earlier because my girls would have stuck them all over the house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Yes, I expected them to be all over the place stuck on things - arrows pointing this way and that...kind of cute that they were going to give them back as a gift. Very resourceful of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, now I think I should hide them for safety sake LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL Glad to see your family has a sense of humor. I hope you have the stickies hidden from them.

    ReplyDelete