Thursday, May 13, 2010

Old Movies and New ways of thinking

I saw a movie on TV when I was young, it was a 1950's or 1960's movie--sort of the Doris Day era. I don't remember the title but it was a romance (of course LOL) The gist was that this woman complained about her dates or finding the right man so her mother gave her a book--A How to Train Your Dog book--and suggested if she thought about men in the same way as training a dog, they would be 'lapping' at her feet. And it worked like a charm...until the boyfriend found out about the book and started a little 'training' of his own.

Needless to say, it was a hilarious movie and has stuck with me even ions later. And over the years, I found that the concept can be usefull sometimes, not necessarily the dog training (although, truth, that works too LOL) but mostly the looking at something that is driving you crazy from a total left field perspective.

For me right now, it's more of a three ring circus.

So I took that theory and went with it today. Instead of letting things control me, trying to perform acrobatics, climb through hoops and keep my balance on the tightrope, I hopped off, and started playing ringmaster. I smiled (ie previous post LOL) and kept things focused and moving in one direction--in one ring so to speak--before I let the light shine on the next ring.

And it worked--for the most part. I'm not saying I'll play ringmaster every day but for today, I came home without that shoulder-clenching stressful frustration. Without thinking of what I missed or didn't know, and instead with what I caught and what I was able to discover on my own--and the whole time making it look like I was in control LOLOLOLOL. But isn't that the secret to life right there--fake it to the best of your abilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment