Friday, October 15, 2010

You won't want to hear this....

....but I'm in a Christmassy mood. Yep, I've got the tunes running through my head and screech with my sister when the word is mentioned.

Some stores now have Christmas items out and some are soooo cuuuuuutte!

But that's not the main reason. The main reason is because I'm working on the next story in my Noelle, Alberta series: Christmas in Noelle....where love and laughter are always at the top of Santa's list.

This is such a fun town to come back to. I'm on the second draft of the fifth story and I have to keep reminding myself to add in details like snow, christmas carols and even a jacket or two--that's the only thing about writing 'off season', you don't want the story to sound like it's in the tropics (unless of course it is a Christmas in the Tropics type story LOL)


But the more I work on it, the more I'm seeing red and green all around and in a merry mood. Yes, it helps that it is a romantic comedy. So, here I am, happy happy happy even though the scene I'm currently working on isn't working the way it should...and I have A LOT more to add than I initially thought.

Note to self: stop rushing through a first draft and adding cryptic notes that I can't figure out on the second go round. (What's worse is when I come to one of my notes that say, "Yuck, fix that.")

1 comment:

  1. I've been psyching myself up for Christmas, and I can't even blame it on writing a story! (Unless you count the winter story I've been working on for what seems like ages.) Actually, it's because this year I can actually have a Christmas again. My husband and I no longer own our own business. He went back to work, and we actually have Christmas money this year for the first time in about 3!

    And really, the holidays are just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete