Friday, March 23, 2012

Trying something new.

I've been on Weight Watchers for a year and a half now and have lost 70 lbs. Yep, 70lbs. Very proud of myself but I still have at least another 30 to go--now, that is MY goal weight. If I went with the BMI stuff and doctor, we're talking another 50. I figure we'll cross that bridge when we come to it because I have never been a string bean and never will be LOL. I just want to be healthy and comfortable in my own skin, you know?

I'm not one to usually get fitness books etc, but I read about it on another blog and thought it sounded interesting because it wasn't just for dieting and fitness so to speak but more a reorganization of a lot of different parts of your lifestyle. And that is what I'm looking for--not a quick fix diet solution but a way to gradually change my lifestyle to incorporate the better habits and thus be a better role model and instill the better habits on my children before they get into the bad ones that I had.

If the book pans out, I'll come back and tell you about it, but I don't want to name and recommend something I can't stand behind so, for now, I just wanted to throw to the universe that I am choosing to try something new, choosing to succeed in more than just one little area of my life.

I can't see that I am the only one with hopes like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment