Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October? What Happened to February?

Seriously, how do you clearly remember sitting at the same desk at the end of January thinking the month went sooooooo looooonng and then glance up and it is October?

Well crap, my resolution list didn't even get a dent in it. 

I'd make a new one, but really, why put myself through that when I know it may not get done the way I want.  And I've been trying a new system....staying in the moment.  No more what ifs, what was or what's to come, but just dealing with the present, here and now.

So, right now, I am trying to find my routine working from home.  It's only been a week or so, but still, trial and error right?  Well, the first thing I learned is that I get oodles more done on my own writing if I work on it first thing after the bus and the dog is walked, and especially before the internet is turned on.  Then, after a couple hours of writing intersperced with laundry or filling the dishwasher, I check emails and websites, find the list of info details needed as I wrote etc.  By then it is usually lunch and afterwords, getting down to everyone else's business whether the contract work or editing.  So far, so good.  Let's give it a couple more weeks though to see if it progresses as well as it sounds.  For now though, I am happy with the work that is being done on all levels, just have to figure out how to make it pay better LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment